At Westfall Roofing, we set the standard for excellence in metal roofing. When you work with us, we guarantee your new metal roof will exceed your expectations. In a bygone era, metal roofing was primarily limited to commercial buildings and structures. Today, metal roofing represents one of the fastest-growing segments in residential and commercial settings. Contact us to schedule your free metal roofing consultation.
The Advantages Of Choosing Metal Roofing
Recent scientific and technological advances in metal fabrication make this roofing alternative the ideal investment to deliver sustainability and increase your property value. Selecting metal for your next roofing project guarantees an aesthetically pleasing roof that provides unsurpassed energy efficiency. Available in virtually any style or color, metal roofing truly represents the wave of the future.
Consider the following benefits of selecting metal for your next roofing project:
- Customizability: Today’s metal roofing has no limits. If you like the look and feel of shingles, shakes, or panels, metal roofing can be constructed to match your architectural preferences. Because most metals are paintable (and repaintable), you can select the palette that best suits your needs.
- Durability: Mother Nature simply has nothing on metal roofing. How come? Metal roofing protects your home from temperature extremes (both hot and cold). But with its structural strength, it easily withstands wind, rain, hail, snow, ice, and fire better than almost any other roofing material.
- Energy Efficiency: With the ever-increasing price of electricity and heat, today’s consumer wants to save on their energy bills. Metal roofing remains the most energy-efficient alternative on the market. The heat-deflecting properties inside metal often mean 40% or more energy savings.
- Longevity: Historically, metal roofing was used on commercial buildings. Increasingly, homeowners appreciate metal roofing for its extended lifespan. Metal roofs can last 50 years or more with relatively minimal maintenance. Metal also provides strong resistance to weather extremes.
- Low Maintenance: In today’s world, people are busier than ever. Properly maintaining a home requires time and effort. Choosing a roofing material that requires minimal maintenance ensures the owner can prioritize other interests. Metal roofing stands as the ideal alternative for people with limited availability.
- Sustainability: Going green has never been easier. Fabricated metal remains the most environmentally friendly and sustainable alternative among all roofing materials. Forged from 100% recyclable materials, metal provides an ecologically safe solution for discriminating homeowners and businesses.
How To Hire The Right Metal Roofing Contractor
Working with metal roofing requires extensive knowledge and experience. Compared to other roofing materials, such as asphalt shingles, metal roofing typically involves much more complexity to install correctly. When evaluating different roofing companies, perform your due diligence to ensure you make the best choice. Aligning yourself with a roofer who lacks the expertise to do the job right could produce disastrous results.
Take the following factors into account when comparing roofing contractors:
- Examine Their Professional Credentials: When analyzing a given roofing contractor, research what qualifications (including licensing, training, affiliations, and certifications) they hold to install metal roofing. If a roofer lacks proper accreditations, consider other alternatives. At Westfall Roofing, we are a proud Certified Installer for Tri County Metals, Florida’s leading metal roofing manufacturer.
- Check Their Customer Reviews: Previous homeowners and businesses who have appreciated and valued their experience with a particular roofing company will happily offer helpful insight and feedback. Carefully research these reviews and request that the contractor provide a list of references you can contact to ask questions and verify their customer service experience with that roofing company. Consider asking the following questions when interviewing previous customers:
- How satisfied were you with the contractor’s work? Would you hire the contractor again?
- Did you experience any unexpected issues? If yes, how did the contractor resolve them?
- Did you incur any unforeseen expenses? If yes, how did the contractor handle them?
- Was the work completed timely? If not, what reasons caused a delay in the project?
- What type of communication experience did you have with the contractor? Were they any challenges?
- Request A Copy Of Their Portfolio: Visual proof of a job well done provides security when hiring a roofing contractor. As you consider a specific roofing company, ask for a copy of a portfolio that lays out their previous work performing metal roofing projects. If the contractor provides the addresses of prior customers, don’t hesitate to do a drive-by to see how their metal roofing turned out.