You can answer the question, “How are seamless gutters installed?” in two ways. You can say, “Professionally, by highly skilled technicians,” or you can review the five steps needed to ensure beautiful seamless gutters stay firmly attached to your Tampa Bay or Sarasota home.
Professional Work Only
For gleaming, elegant seamless gutters to add curb appeal and value to your home, you need professional installation. A do-it-yourselfer has no access to the expensive and intricate forming machine that converts a roll of heavy-gauge metal into a flawless, seamless gutter. DIYers also lack the experience and other tools needed to do the job.
Seamless gutters are made using long, unbroken stretches of heavy-duty metal in your choice of size. The only seams occur at corners and downspouts, significantly reducing the chances of:
- Gutter failure
- Water-damaged foundations
What does a professional installation involve? Did you know your “horizontal” gutter lengths gently slope to allow drainage? This slope must be carefully planned and measured.
Gutters also require safe installation methods since a two- or three-story house could have gutters 30 feet above your yard. Safe work procedures and fall-arrest equipment are essential.
After your residential roofer has completed a full roof replacement, necessary repairs, or an initial installation of your roof, gutters can be attached to the fascia boards (those horizontal molding strips beneath the roof edge). The five typical steps of a proper, professional installation by trained gutter technicians are:
- Measuring and planning — Seamless gutters fit your home and your home only!
- Forming — Each length of seamless gutter is shaped on-site using a specially built forming machine and your choice of painted gutter stock
- Attachment — You can choose the attachment method, with gutter clips staying hidden inside the gutter while spikes and gutter screws run through the gutter from front to back are have exposed heads
- Downspouts are located and secured at key spots around your home’s perimeter to ensure fast, efficient drainage even in the hardest downpour; proper downspout sizing and location ensure your home’s foundations stay dry
- Inspection — Every connection, seam, and end cap is inspected for proper sealing and firm attachment
Westfall Roofing works with homeowners in the Tampa Bay and Sarasota areas in all aspects of exterior home care. Contact us today to learn more about our roof repair, replacement, and seamless gutter installation.